1. Career Services (Placement Cell) has not lived upto anyones expectations. Hult Career services helps us by letting us know that we are on our own and expect no help from them.
The career services is just for show and they will give you a lot of time as they are always in their offices instead of visiting executives and companies. A lot many things can be written on Career Services but its waste of time wasting money on a defunct service.
2. The admissions officers may be telling you all big stories of placements but the fact is that only one or two have got a job while studying at Hult Dubai and that too through their own connections. The other 6 to 8 are either on study leave from their companies or have their own businesses prior to joining Hult. So Hult claims in front of the students that they have placed 8. In front of you students they must be saying a higher figure, which is all crap.
In fact the whole staff oh Hult Dubai is Unprofessional including the Dean. When you go to the dean with your queries, he will divert you and talk more of Scuba Diving and trips to Oman etc. So basically the management control is missing and when this happens in any organization, its a disaster.
In fact if you join Hult Dubai, you will be learning Management at the most unmanaged B School.
3. Facilities and infrastructure is mediocre. No Library (U need to walk half a mile to the IMT library). The Classes are small. Not enough Team rooms.
With abatch of 100 we are finding it tough to fit in. Imagine they have planned for 150 or so next batch.
4. Academics:The faculty is excellent. You also get the option of choosing your exam modes, postponing exams if you are underprepared and even not sitting for the exam and requesting a re-exam. All things are possible here.
5. Level of Satisfaction: It frustrates me to answer this question. Only consoling thing is that the Faculty is Excellent. However, in Dubai they are present only during your 10 or 15 day class schedules and then return back to Boston or wherever they work. So the constant source of mentoring is not available unless you want some mentoring for Scuba Diving and Gliding etc. for which the Dean is readily available.
Besides the faculty part, we all are a dejected lot. We are onto ourselves to make a career and we all think back to the day we made this horrific decision.
Also beware of one fact that the Campus is not a Campus but ONE Floor in one of the buildings in Dubai International Academic City. So dont go by the pictures they show you, just remember its ONE floor in ONE Building.
Also, remember to bargain as much as you can if in case you still plan on taking admissions. There are many students here on full loans given by college/school and have not paid a single money from their pockets.
There have been students who did half the course without paying a single cent and went back realizing that they are wasting their time and money here after leaving their well paid jobs.
There may be many things promised to you before you join which will turn out to be false when you join and have paid the money in full.
Now they have another tactic to entice you, the FT ranking. So guys beware. Its not only your career at stake but all your life’s savings which these guys will steal away from you with your consent.
Hult Boston is somewhat better with faculty available to mentor you. There too its not the whole building and I cannot say about the career services but the fact is that US has been hit hard so you may not get jobs / H1 Visas there. The admin ther eis somewhat professional and the Dean does not do Scuba Diving etc.
When we joined Hult Dubai, we had a Dean who resigned within 10 or 15 days. He is now the Dean of SP Jain Dubai. And we got a Scuba Diver pulling us all underwater to drown.
Be Careful, Observe, Listen, think, take feedback and then decide to take the leap.